Pass your mouse over a photo
for a brief description
Click on the photo to obtain
a full-size image
Abbots Bromley School was a coeducational boarding and day independent school in this Staffordshire village, one of the original Woodward Schools and thus an Anglican foundation.
The school's St Anne's Chapel - designed by H R Carpenter, son of the architect of the chapel at Lancing College - has a relatively small floor area but is remarkable for its height (see left photo). It was visited before the school's closure, due to financial problems extending over many years, in 2019.
The organ was originally supplied to a Worcester clergyman, but shortly after was moved to Ringwood Hall, Chesterfield. In 1922, it was purchased by Provost Talbot and presented by him to the school. During 1928, it was moved to its present position on a West-end gallery, when the Large Open Diapason and Horn were added by an unknown builder.
There have been reports from a Parents' Group that the school may reopen in the near future, under new ownership.